Friday, April 11, 2008

kayden ji yuen

The silence is broken!

Ok ok, I know, months of the same old post hanging around this blog. I sure won’t be in contention for blogger of the year.

There is much to share, , new learning, actually A LOT of learning, about rainy season realities, about harvest season, development realities, that sad sad and frustrating situation down in Zim. Oh, and a new job.

But for now, this quick post is about something much more exciting!I’ve got a new nephew and I'm a new auntie!

Welcome to the fam Kayden Ji Yeun Law! Your 8 lb, 15 oz presence was felt all the way here in Lusaka.


My head has been in a flurry of writing and development thoughts this last little while. I’d be lying if it said I wasn’t a bit stressed out. But last night, when your dad informed me of your grand entrance, everything else disappeared into the background. In that instant I was reminded of what really mattered, family. And in that same instant I was again reminded of the downside of this job that I love, distance.

I can’t wait to come and see you and your older sister. Sure, your grandma has nick named her the general, and maybe there is some truth to that; but psssst, word of advice: listen to your sister. Sisters are ALWAYS right. I can't wait to see all the business ops you and your dad get into (by the time your strong enough, you’ll probably be able to charge $100/driveway). And without a doubt, your parents will definitely show you all of the curious things in life. And the whole crew, your cousins, aunties and uncles, grannies and gramps, will most definitely show you the funny side as well. (Don't worry, I will be your biggest defender if they keep talking about your chubby cheeks. chubby, as I've discovered here in Zambia, is the new cool.)

Finally, just as the offer was extended to Izzy, little j and WMD, the wonderful continent of Africa is awaiting your visit and I can’t wait to show you around. Elephants, giraffes, hippos hurray!

Lots of love, hugs and smooches from auntie hay hay.

4 comments:

kahung said...

In keeping with tradition, the two K-men are going to hold Jada down while they spit in her mouth....Some things should never change....

happydream said...

Ha Ha. CHUBBLY CHEEKS!!!!!!!!
Dad was showing me that your baby picture it looks like Ji Yuen.
This big baby bring a lot of funny and lovely memories to us.
The time is passing so quick.Dad and I now just sitting on the armchair to enjoy our grandchildren's growing life.
What is dad's big hope? You shell understand that.
When?
Hope you can get your happieness for your new job.

Love. MAMAMIA

Unknown said...

LOVELY BABY, HAY HAY . HOPE YOU'RE DOING WELL IN ZAMBIA. I LOVE YOUR WRITE UP ON RECTION DAY. THIS IS COMMON IN KUMASI, GHANA.
By:Gabriel Boateng-Appiah
Ghana

Unknown said...

Ka-Hay THIS IS MY BUSINESS MAIL ADDRESS.
WE ALSO HELD OUR ERECTIONS LAST YEAR DEC 2008.
BYE 4 NOW
Gabriel Boatenous